In a life-threatening emergency such as sudden severe chest pain, severe breathlessness, loss of power in a limb, loss of consciousness or severe bleeding dial 999.
For any injury that might need stitching / glue or involves a broken bone, you should attend the
local minor injuries unit at Halton General Hospital, telephone: 01928 714 567
Also in the event of poisoning or overdose then attend the Accident and Emergency department (A&E) at Warrington Hospital, telephone: 01925 635 911
On weekdays our duty doctor keeps free a number of brief appointments. These are specifically reserved for patients with urgent problems or ones that, on medical grounds, cannot reasonably wait until the next routine appointment.
Duty Doctor appoints will only be able to deal with one problem per appointment and may be subject to delay if the doctor is called to an emergency.
If you have an urgent medical problem outside normal surgery hours , and you need help fast, but it is not life threatening telephone 111. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
What to do when my Medical Practice is closed:
- If you need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency call 111
- If it’s a life-threatening emergency call 999
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life-threatening emergency.
- Calls to 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles
- NHS 111 is available 24/7, every day of the year
When to call 111
- You think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service
- The surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- You don’t know who to call for medical help
When to all 999
- Call 999 for life-threatening emergencies such as:
- Major accident or trauma
- Severe breathlessness
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe chest pain
During normal practice opening hours the practice remains your first point of contact for all routine requests.
More information about NHS 111 can be obtained from NHS choices at www.nhs.uk/111
Please only visit the Accident and Emergency (A&E) department if it is an emergency.